I a massed all the raw stock material from OnlineMetals.com
One aspect of this project was to make a "run", i.e. more than one or two parts. I started with the Petal Support member. Each "flower" has 5 of these "petals" so that meant I needed 60 parts. I ended up making a few more in case I screwed anything up later and also to have some spare parts.
I made a jig to hold the blanks and used the rotary to get both sides. It took about 15 mins per part, but after several hours I had 64 done.
Next I had to mill a slot at the pivot end, so I had to make another fixture and run a other op.
Leave a Reply.