Uncle Ben's Bike - Done!
One of the last things I had to do was weld together a tail light/license plate bracket. I had to wait for the light to show up so I could figure out the relationships. Here's what I managed. (Note the last time it was registered - 2002!)
I got the bike on Nov 1, 2015 and it's pretty much done as of this week - Aug 7, 2016. I guess that's about 10 months. Since there were long stretches where I didn't do much, I guess that's not bad. The bike turned out OK. If was planning on making this my bike I would have gone further, but I was primarily interested in spending as little as possible to get it back on the road with cafe styling. My inspiration was something like these, but they have $1,000's in custom paint and body work. Maybe next time.
Mine turned out a lot more stock looking. It runs well, and seems to drive well. I need to get it registered and do some little tweaks and adjusting.
Leave a Reply.